Emergency Response Training: Why is it So Important?
Working on a mine site is not a regular 9-5, inner-city office job. It’s where people work together, in often harsh conditions, long hours and shift work.
Because of this, it makes sense to have the right training to tackle any possible emergency onsite.
Want to know more about safety and emergency training in Perth and how it will equip you with the skills and knowledge to confidently face potential mine site emergencies?
Read more from SETS Enterprises to find out more.
What’s the purpose of safety and emergency training in Perth?
Mining operations come with their own unique challenges. From the remote locations and often harsh terrain to the specialised and heavy machinery used to complete the work.
Accidents can happen, and apart from meticulously following occupational health and safety practices, having the capabilities to respond properly to these emergencies is crucial.
The purpose, then, of emergency response training is this:
- To protect lives
- To protect equipment and assets, and
- To ensure safe, efficient working conditions and systems at all times.
Let’s take a further look at what emergency response training involves.
The hazards, risks and the emergency response team who can help
Mine sites pose risks and hazards unalike to working in the city or suburbs.
Here are some of the threats that are posed to everyday life on sites:
- Hazardous materials
- Medical emergencies
- Need for breathing apparatus’, and
- Rescues at height or underground.
Every employee, contractor and visitor to a mine site must follow strict occupational health and safety measures. The need, however, for a formally trained emergency response team still exists.
This is a summary of what they should be competent in:
- Basic safety awareness
- Dealing with gases
- First aid
- Knowledge of and proficiency in site-specific procedures and protocols
- Using and maintaining breathing apparatuses
- Utilising fire-fighting equipment properly, and
- Rescuing techniques (including at heights and underground).
This list is not by all means, all-inclusive. If you don’t have the skills and want to step up in an on-site emergency situation, safety and emergency training in Perth is priceless.
What can you do?
There are a range of avenues your worksite can take, here’s some of them:
- Employ and/or train up your own people with safety and emergency training in Perth,
- Hire highly trained professionals from SETS Enterprises, such as: medics and paramedics, security personnel, emergency service officers and health, safety and environmental personnel.
For quality advice in and emergency response training in Perth, you need SETS Enterprises. Why?
- We have everything you need to stay safe and work efficiently in the mines, from training to personnel, equipment to vehicles
- There are over 20 different safety and emergency training courses we offer, and
- We know what it takes to achieve safer, smarter worksites.
SETS Enterprises can guarantee a course to ensure you and your personnel are well-equipped and confident to handle any emergency situation that may present itself on your mine site.
Need safety and emergency training in Perth?
Contact SETS Enterprises to find the most suited safety and emergency training for you and your personnel.
SETS Enterprises RTO # 52334