The Advanced First Aid course conducted by SETS Enterprises is a nationally accredited course that is designed to provide students with the essential knowledge and skills to allow them to provide initial advanced care to casualties, across a variety of industries. The course covers the following broad areas:
- DRSABCD and the guidelines set forth by the Australian Resuscitation Council.
- Bag Valve Mask ventilation techniques.
- Use of an Automatic External Defibrillator.
- Visual and verbal assessment techniques.
- Communication with a team of first aiders & other medical responders
- Manual handling techniques.
- Incident debriefing and evaluation.
- Verbal and written incident reporting.
- Triage of workplace incidents.
Initial care for the following injuries or medical conditions:
- Respiratory distress, including asthma, choking, airway obstruction, allergic reaction & anaphylaxis
- Bleeding control and basic extended wound care, burns and shock
- Envenomation, using pressure immobilisation techniques
- Environmental illnesses, hyperthermia and hypothermia
- Fractures and possible spinal injuries, sprains and strains, using arm slings, roller bandages or other appropriate immobilisation techniques
Students who attend and successfully meet all assessment requirements of the course will receive a nationally recognised statement of attainment with the following unit of competency: HLTAID006 Provide Advanced First Aid
This course can be conducted at North Lake, Balcatta or at any facility that has a suitable classroom and training area.
There is a maximum number of 12 participants per program.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.