The Confined space entry and Work at Heights refresher course conducted by SETS is a nationally
accredited course that is designed to provide students with the essential knowledge and skills to enter
and work in confined spaces and work at heights.
This course may be conducted at either the Safety & Emergency Training Services training facility or your workplace. This course is delivered through a combination of classroom learning, small group discussion and practical activities in either a simulated or active workplace.
Students who attend and successfully meet all assessment requirements of the course will receive a nationally recognised statement of attainment with the following unit of competency: RIIWHS202E – Enter and work in confined spaces and RIIWHS204E – Work safely at heights.
There is a maximum number of 10 participants per program.
To meet the course requirements, students must:
- Have sufficient English language, literacy and numeracy skills to read instructions and write assessments
- Be able to climb ladders
- Be able to carry at least 10kg of weight
- Wear an appropriately sized harness
- Be able to reach above their head
- Provide their USI on enrolment
- Provide proof of identity, e.g. drivers licence
- Wear or bring long sleeve, long pants and closed in shoes
There are no pre-requisites for this course, however participants must supply original copies of there
certificates to complete this as a refresher.
Students are required to be able to complete the following tasks:
- communicate with others clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
- find and use relevant information
- read and comply with work instructions and specifications
- read and record measurements
- record and report information neatly and legibly