The Warden and Fire Extinguisher combined course has been designed to give participants the skill and knowledge to perform the role of a warden within an Emergency Control Organisation (ECO) structure and to train participants to be capable of using portable fire fighting equipment as a first response to a fire in the workplace as well as the basics of building evacuation.
On completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Warden duties and responsibilities
- ECO team selection and process
- Emergency procedures and policies
- Evacuation procedures and exercises
- Fire safety installations in a building
- Different types of emergencies
- Use of fire extinguishers and hose reels
- Fire prevention
Participants should also be able to:
- Prepare for fire
- Carry out initial notification and assessment
- Extinguish fires
- Identify hazards associated with fire extinguishers
Students who attend and successfully meet all assessment requirements of the course will receive a nationally recognised statement of attainment with the following unit of competency: PUAWER005B Operate as part of an emergency control organisation and PUAWER008B Confine small workplace emergencies.
There is a maximum number of 12 participants per program.
This course has theoretical and practical components that participants must successfully complete.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.