The Warden and Fire Extinguisher combined course has been designed to give participants the skill and knowledge to perform the role of a warden within an Emergency Control Organisation (ECO) structure and to train participants to be capable of using portable fire fighting equipment as a first response to a fire in the workplace.
On completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Undertake pre-emergency planning
- Take appropriate actions in an emergency
- Assist with post emergency activities
- Demonstrate correct use of portable fire extinguishers to extinguish simulated fires
- Demonstrate correct use of fire blankets
- Demonstrate correct use of fire hose reels.
Students who attend and successfully meet all assessment requirements of the course will receive a nationally recognised statement of attainment with the following unit of competency: PUAFER005 Operate as part of an emergency control organisation and CPPFES2005A Demonstrate first attack firefighting equipment.
There is a maximum number of 12 participants per program.
To meet the course requirements, students must:
- Have sufficient English language, literacy and numeracy skills to read instructions and write assessments
- Provide their USI on enrolment
- Provide proof of identity, e.g. drivers licence
- Wear or bring long sleeve, long pants and closed in shoes
This course is also available in single half-day components of Fire Warden and Fire Extinguisher training.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.