The Working Safely at Heights course conducted by SETS Enterprises is a nationally accredited course that is designed to provide students with the essential knowledge and skills to allow them to undertake working at heights, across a variety of industries. Completion of this course will allow students to meet the workplace, health and safety requirements to undertake work at heights utilising fall prevention equipment.
- Identify work requirements
- Identify work procedures and instructions
- Access and install equipment
- Perform work at heights
- Clean up work area
Students who attend and successfully meet all assessment requirements of the course will receive a nationally recognised statement of attainment with the following unit of competency: RIIWHS204E Work safely at heights.
There is a maximum number of 10 participants per program.
To meet the course requirements, students must:
- Have sufficient English language, literacy and numeracy skills to read instructions and write assessments
- Provide their USI on enrolment
- Provide proof of identity, e.g. drivers licence
- Wear an appropriately sized harness
- Able to reach above their head
- Climb ladders
- Handle 10kg weights
- Must be able to work and operate at heights
- Wear or bring long sleeve, long pants or overalls, safety boots, safety glasses
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
Students are required to be able to complete the following tasks:
- communicate with others clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
- find and use relevant information
- read and comply with work instructions and specifications
- read and record measurements
- record and report information neatly and legibly