The Working Safely at Heights course conducted by SETS Enterprises is a nationally accredited course that is designed to provide students with the essential knowledge and skills to allow them to undertake working at heights, across a variety of industries. Completion of this course will allow students to meet the workplace, health and safety requirements to undertake work at heights utilising fall prevention equipment. The course covers the following broad areas:s:
- Locates and applies relevant documentation, policies and procedures
- Accessing, interpreting and applying technical and safety information for working at heights
- Assessing hazards and risk associated with working at heights and implement control methods
- Selecting wearing and caring for personal protective equipment
- Identifying required safety systems including fall protection and associated equipment
- Checking that fitting, adjusting and anchoring of fall protection and associated equipment is correct
- Performing work safely at height
This course may be conducted at either the SETS Enterprises facility or your workplace. This course is delivered through a combination of classroom learning, small group discussion and practical activities in either a simulated or workplace working at heights area.
Students who attend and successfully meet all assessment requirements of the course will receive a nationally recognised statement of attainment with the following unit of competency: RIIWHS204D Work safely at heights.
This course can be conducted at North Lake, Balcatta or at any facility that has a suitable classroom and training area.
There is a maximum number of 12 participants per program.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
Students are required to be able to complete the following physical tasks:
- Wear an appropriately sized harness
- Able to reach above their head
- Climb ladders
- Handle 10kg weights