This unit covers the competency to drive vehicles safely, including the systematic, safe and efficient control of all vehicles functions and effective management of hazardous situations under operational conditions.
- Prepare vehicle for operational response
- Drive the vehicle
- Monitor traffic, road and terrain under operational conditions
Students who attend and successfully meet all assessment requirements of the course will receive a nationally recognised statement of attainment with the following unit of competency: PUAVEH001 – Drive Vehicles Under Operational Conditions.
There is a maximum number of 10 participants per program.
To meet the course requirements, students must:
- Have sufficient English language, literacy and numeracy skills to read instructions and write assessments
- Provide their USI on enrolment
- Provide proof of identity, e.g. drivers licence
- Wear or bring long sleeve, long pants and closed in shoes
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
Students are required to be able to complete the following tasks:
- communicate with others clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
- find and use relevant information
- read and comply with work instructions and specifications
- read and record measurements
- record and report information neatly and legibly