This course has theoretical and practical components that participants must successfully complete.
On completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Apply for permit
- Work in accordance with an issued permit
- Complete permit to work
- Assess confined space for entry
- Work in accordance with confined space requirements
Students who attend and successfully meet all assessment requirements of the course will receive a nationally recognised statement of attainment with the following unit of competency: MSMPER200 Work in accordance with an issued permit and MSMPER205 Enter confined space
There is a maximum number of 10 participants per program.
To meet the course requirements, students must:
- Have sufficient English language, literacy and numeracy skills to read instructions and write assessments
- Be able to handle feelings of claustrophobia
- Be able to ascend and descend ladders
- Provide their USI on enrolment
- Provide proof of identity, e.g. drivers licence
- Wear or bring long sleeve, long pants and closed in shoes
There are no prerequisites for this course but we do advise students to attend MSMWHS217 Gas test atmospheres prior to attending this course.
Students are required to be able to complete the following tasks:
- communicate with others clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
- find and use relevant information
- read and comply with work instructions and specifications
- read and record measurements
- record and report information neatly and legibly