This unit cover the skills and knowledge required to identify and avoid workplace hazards and risks, to maintain personal safety and to report identified issues to supervisors and team members.
It is designed as an introduction to safe work practices and is specifically relevant to a workplace requiring personnel to be involved in incidents, prescribed burns and/or operational aspects of emergency management. It includes identifying, implementing and monitoring effectiveness of workplace hazards and risk control procedures.
Note: This course is a new release but is equivalent to the Prevent Injury course which is still available for students to book until at least Oct 2020
- Identify workplace hazards and risks, and advise others
- Implement hazard and risk control procedures
- Monitor effectiveness of hazard and risk control procedures
Students who attend and successfully meet all assessment requirements of the course will receive a nationally recognised statement of attainment with the following unit of competency: PUAFIR210 Prevent injury
There is a maximum number of 12 participants per program.
To meet the course requirements, students must:
- Have sufficient English language, literacy and numeracy skills to read instructions and write assessments
- Provide their USI on enrolment
- Provide proof of identity, e.g. drivers licence
- Wear or bring long sleeve, long pants or overalls, safety boots, safety glasses, sun hat
There are no pre-requisites for this course.