This unit covers the competency required to identify and avoid workplace hazards and risks, to maintain personal safety and to report identified issues to supervisors and team members.
Note: This course has superseded but is equivalent to the Prevent Injury course which is still available for students to book until at least Oct 2020
- Apply safe work practices in accordance with organisational work health and safety policies and procedures
- Identify typical hazards and risks in the workplace, and apply control measures
- Select equipment pertinent to incidents, prescribed burning and/or operational aspects of emergency management
- Select personal protective clothing
- Basic principles of risk assessment
- Methods of hazard and risk control and reporting, and debriefings
- Occupational hazards and risks encountered in the workplace
- Organisational health and fitness guidelines
- Personal protective clothing and equipment requirements
- Risk control measure such as eliminate, isolate and substitute
- Signs of fatigue, heat related illness, dehydration, fatigue and stress
- Situational awareness
- Welfare management, such as signs of occupational stress, limiting stress, dealing with stress and seeking assistance
Students who attend and successfully meet all assessment requirements of the course will receive a nationally recognised statement of attainment with the following unit of competency: PUAFIR210 Prevent injury
There is a maximum number of 12 participants per program.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.