SETS Certificate III in Emergency Response and Rescue Course Evolves in March 2024
Since 1998, the SETS Enterprises team have proudly flown the flag for excellence in all things mine rescue and emergency response.
Training forms a critical part in upskilling and preparing emergency response personnel and something we have seen evolve many times during our 25 years of business. As industry needs and requirements change over time, it’s important that the training outline does too.
Adapting to support the mining and construction industries across Australia is high on our list of priorities, and as such, we are pleased to announce the next evolution of our highly regarded RII30719 Certificate III in Emergency Response and Rescue course.
To support industry needs, the following changes will be effective as of 1st March 2024:
Removal of HLTAID014 Provide Advanced First Aid and HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
from our course delivery as we understand a majority of students already have these two units.
As of 1st March 2024, these two units will be a requirement to attend (prerequisites) and these units must be achieved and provided to us prior to attendance. We will continue to schedule the Advanced First Aid course prior to each Certificate III course to provide a pathway for those students that still require these units.
The units achieved on successful completion of the RII30719 Certificate III in Emergency Response and Rescue course will now include the following, based on the packaging rules of the qualification:
- RIICOM201E Communicate in the workplace
- RIIERR301E Respond to work site incidents
- RIIRIS301E Apply risk management processes
- RIIWHS201E Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
- HLTAID014 Provide Advanced First Aid (pre-requisite must be provided prior to attendance at the 15-day RII30719 Certificate III in Emergency Response and Rescue course)
- PUASAR022 Participate in a rescue operation (Group A)
- PUAFIR207 Operate breathing apparatus open circuit (Group B)
- PUAFIR324 Render hazardous materials incidents safe (Group B)
- PUASAR024 Undertake road crash rescue (Group B)
- RIIERR302E Respond to local emergencies and incidents (Group B – RIIERR)
- RIIERR201E Conduct fire team operations (Group B – RIIERR)
- PUASAR025 Undertake confined space rescue (Group B)
- PUASAR032 Undertake vertical rescue (Group B)
- PUAEQU001 Prepare, maintain and test response equipment (Group C)
Extra units achieved and issued on a separate statement of attainment:
- PUAFIR210 Prevent injury (Group B)
- PUAFIR308 Employ personal protection at a hazardous materials incident (Other)
- PUAFIR306 Identify, detect and monitor hazardous materials at an incident (Group B)
What’s not changing:
Course fees are not increasing.
Whilst the substantial changes to the RII30719 Certificate III in Emergency Response and Rescue course add much more value, the course fees will remain at the exceptional value of $5,500 per student.
Course delivery timeframe & student to trainer ratios.
Our Certificate III in Emergency Response and Rescue course will remain as a 15 days delivery timetable. Courses are regularly available, with more than 18 scheduled courses per year or by request for corporations. There will be no change to our low student to trainer ratio of a maximum 10 students per trainer.
Experience of our trainers and quality of training.
You can expect nothing but the best from the SETS training team – from the quality and condition of equipment, to the highest level experience of our trainers. The quality shows in the data – we are proud to have trained over 1,900 people in 2023 with a 92.6% student satisfaction rate.
Previous offer for eligible students.
For all our students that have completed their Certificate III with SETS and haven’t yet taken advantage of their heavily discounted Vertical Rescue and Confined Space Rescue courses, we will still honour this deal that was made to you for 6 months from the end date of your Certificate III course.
Looking for upcoming course dates or booking options?
- Click here to see all upcoming dates or book online for our evolved Cert III RII30719 Certificate III in Emergency Response and Rescue course.
- Download our 2024 Public Course Calendar here
- Speak to our friendly and experienced training team today – call (08) 9240 5191
- Contact the SETS team