The Work in Confined Spaces course conducted by SETS Enterprises is a nationally accredited course that is designed to provide students with the essential knowledge and skills to enter and work in confined spaces in the Resources and Infrastructure Industries.
This unit is appropriate for those working in operational roles undertaking work in confined spaces.
- Plan and prepare for working in confined space
- Work in confined space
- Exit confined space
- Clean up
Students who attend and successfully meet all assessment requirements of the course will receive a nationally recognised statement of attainment with the following unit of competency: RIIWHS202E – Enter and work in confined spaces.
There is a maximum number of 10 participants per program.
To meet the course requirements, students must:
- Have sufficient English language, literacy and numeracy skills to read instructions and write assessments
- Be able to handle feelings of claustrophobia
- Be able to ascend and descend ladders
- Provide their USI on enrolment
- Provide proof of identity, e.g. drivers licence
- Wear or bring long sleeve, long pants and closed in shoes
There are no prerequisites for this course but we do advise students to attend MSMWHS217 Gas test atmospheres prior to attending this course.
Students are required to be able to complete the following tasks:
- communicate with others clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
- find and use relevant information
- read and comply with work instructions and specifications
- read and record measurements
- record and report information neatly and legibly