The course is designed for all those who are required to work in and monitor hazardous atmospheres (gas test) in the workplace.
On completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Prepare and plan for monitoring
- Take precautions to safeguard health
- Take atmospheric readings
- Identify TWA, STEL, Peaks, IDLH atmospheres
- Follow sampling rules
- Maintain equipment
- Change sensors in the field
- Conduct bump and calibration testing of the equipment
Students who attend and successfully meet all assessment requirements of the course will receive a nationally recognised statement of attainment with the following unit of competency: MSMWHS217 Gas test atmospheres.
This course can be conducted at IFAP’s North Lake (WA) training facility or at any facility that has a suitable classroom and training area.
There is a maximum number of 12 participants per program.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.