The course is designed for all those who are required to work in and monitor hazardous atmospheres (gas test) in the workplace.
On completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Prepare for gas testing
- Test gas
- Maintain equipment
Students who attend and successfully meet all assessment requirements of the course will receive a nationally recognised statement of attainment with the following unit of competency: MSMWHS217 Gas test atmospheres.
There is a maximum number of 10 participants per program.
To meet the course requirements, students must:
- Have sufficient English language, literacy and numeracy skills to read instructions and write assessments
- Provide their USI on enrolment
- Provide proof of identity, e.g. drivers licence
- Wear or bring long sleeve, long pants or overalls, safety boots, safety glasses, sun hat
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
Students are required to be able to complete the following tasks:
- communicate with others clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
- find and use relevant information
- read and comply with work instructions and specifications
- read and record measurements
- record and report information neatly and legibly