The Confined space entry course conducted by SETS enterprises is a nationally accredited course that is designed to provide students with the essential knowledge and skills to enter
and work in confined spaces in the Resources and Infrastructure Industries.
This unit is appropriate for those working in operational roles undertaking work in confined spaces.
- Assess confined space for entry
- Use safety equipment and clothing (PPE)
- Conclude confined space operations
- Define, identify and recognise a confined space in the workplace
- Identify hazards associated with confined space entry, as well as hazard identification and risk assessment processes relevant to confined space work
- Identify the site/enterprise’s specific incident response and rescue requirements
Students who attend and successfully meet all assessment requirements of the course will receive a nationally recognised statement of attainment with the following unit of competency: RIIWHS202D – Enter and work in confined spaces.
There is a maximum number of 12 participants per program.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
Students are required to be able to complete the following tasks:
- communicate with others clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
- find and use relevant information
- read and comply with work instructions and specifications
- read and record measurements
- record and report information neatly and legibly