This course covers the performance of rescue procedures from live Low Voltage (LV) apparatus. It encompasses responsibilities for, health, safety and risk management processes at all operative levels and adherence to safety practices as part of the normal way of doing work.
Note: This course has been superseded by but is equivalent to the Perform Rescue from a Live LV Panel & CPR Course which will be available for students to book from Oct 2020
The course looks at the following:
- Inspection of rescue equipment and placement of rescue equipment.
- Assessing and controlling hazards to rescuer, victim and others.
- Isolation procedures where appropriate.
- Knowledge of Safe Approach Distances (SAD’s) appropriate to rescue from a live LV panel.
- Involvement of external emergency services.
- Removing victim to safe location / place of safety.
Students who attend the course will receive a nationally recognised statement of attainment with the following unit of competency: UETTDRRF06B Perform rescue from a live LV panel & HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
There is a maximum number of 12 participants per program.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.