This course begins with the delivery and assessment of the pre-requisite HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation. Once successful the course covers the performance of rescue procedures from live low voltage (LV) apparatus, not including overhead lines and underground cables in the workplace. It specifies the mandatory requirements of rescue from a live LV panel and how they apply in the context of transmission, distribution or rail work functions. It encompasses responsibilities for health, safety and risk management processes at all operative levels and adherence to safety practices as part of the normal way of doing work.
The application of the skills and knowledge described in this unit may require a licence/registration to practice in the workplace subject to regulations for undertaking of electrical work.
- Respond to an emergency situation
- Perform CPR procedures
- Communicate details of the incident
- Review the incident
- Prepare to perform rescue procedures from a live LV panel
- Carry out rescue from live LV panel
- Complete the LV panel rescue procedure
Students who attend the course will receive a nationally recognised statement of attainment with the following unit of competency: UETTDRRF004 Perform rescue from a live LV panel & HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
There is a minimum of 4 and maximum number of 10 participants per program.
To meet the course requirements, students must:
- Have sufficient English language, literacy and numeracy skills to read instructions and write assessments
- Be physically able to kneel and perform CPR on the floor, uninterrupted for at least 2 minutes (multiple times)
- Provide their USI on enrolment
- Provide proof of identity, e.g. drivers licence
- Wear or bring long sleeve, long pants and closed in shoes
- HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (This unit is delivered as part of this course and you will need to be deemed competent prior to completing the Perform rescue from an LV panel component)
Students are required to be able to complete the following tasks:
- communicate with others clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
- find and use relevant information
- read and comply with work instructions and specifications
- read and record measurements
- record and report information neatly and legibly