The Fire Extinguisher course conducted by SETS Enterprises is a nationally accredited course that is designed to provide students with the essential knowledge and skills to allow them to confine small workplace emergencies.
Small workplace emergencies may include such incidents as a small fire that can be controlled using a nearby fire extinguisher or fire blanket.
All aspects of the unit must be undertaken in line with legislative requirements, workplace policies and procedures, and accepted safe practices.
This unit has been developed to cover the broad range of emergencies and workplaces as considered in Australian Standard 3745-2010.
On completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Prepare for fire
- Carry out initial notification and assessment
- Extinguish fires
- Identify hazards associated with fire extinguishers
- Use of fire extinguishers and hose reels
- Fire prevention
Students who attend and successfully meet all assessment requirements of the course will receive a nationally recognised statement of attainment with the following unit of competency: PUAWER008B – Confine small workplace emergencies
There is a maximum number of 12 participants per program.
This course has theoretical and practical components that participants must successfully complete.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
Students are required to be able to complete the following tasks:
- communicate with others clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
- find and use relevant information
- read and comply with work instructions and specifications
- read and record measurements
- record and report information neatly and legibly