Cancellations, Refunds or Transfer of Courses
When a prospective learner accepts a placement on a course offered by SETS and pays fees, it creates a contract between the learner and SETS. In the case of cancellation or withdrawal by the learner, the following cancellation policy applies to fees paid:
• The amount retained (50% or 25%) by SETS reflects the cost of staff and resources; at the point of cancellation or withdrawal, which will have already been committed based on the learner’s initial intention, and contract, to undertake the training.
• Enrolments into short courses (one day) can also be transferred to an alternative date in cases where there is one available.
• Students who cancel their enrolment after a training program has commenced will not be entitled to a refund of fees.
There is no charge for a learner to transfer to another course with SETS. If SETS cancel a course, then a full refund will be made available to whoever paid that course fee.
Please note that fees may still apply for the processing of refunds.
Where refunds are approved, the refund payment will be paid to the learner, or whoever paid the fees, within 14 days from the time SETS received written notice to cancel the enrolment.
Refunds will be paid via electronic funds transfer using an authorised nominated bank account.
RPL Payment and Refund Policy
This policy is to be read in conjunction with SETS RPL Process Flow Chart Appendix 2 which identifies the services provided by SETS at in each stage.
Discretion may be exercised by the General Manager in all situations, if the learner can demonstrate that extenuating or significant personal circumstance led to their withdrawal. In these cases, the learner may be offered a full credit toward the tuition fee in another scheduled course in-lieu of a refund. If the General Manager deems it appropriate, they may also authorise a refund of fees.
Note. If for any reason SETS is unable to fulfil its service agreement with a student, SETS will refund the learner’s proportion of fees paid for services not delivered.
• “course” or “training” also includes the recognition of prior learning (RPL) process.
• “fees” means any fees paid including full payment, part-payment or deposit.
How to Request a Refund
SETS understand that the circumstances under which an individual may need to cancel a course and request a refund vary so whilst written advice (email or txt) is preferred we will accept telephone notification.
Companies that cancel a course and require refunds must make the request in writing (email).