The Certificate II in Public Safety course conducted by Safety & Emergency Training Services is a nationally accredited course that is designed to provide students with the essential knowledge and skills to allow them to operate safely within emergency services, across a variety of industries. This qualification is to provide training for those who will fulfill the role of response and rescue team members.
Covering a wide variety of rescue disciplines including:
- Core skills of risk control, communication and site policy and procedure
- Breathing apparatus
- First Aid
- Road Crash
With the Following Units of Competency:
- HLTFA211A Provide basic emergency life support
- PUAEQU001B Prepare, maintain and test response equipment
- PUAFIR203B Respond to urban fire
- PUAFIR207B Operate breathing apparatus open circuit
- PUAFIR215 Prevent injury
- PUAOPE013A Operate communications systems and equipment
- PUASAR022A Participate in a rescue operation
- PUATEA001B Work in a team
- PUACOM001C Communicate in the workplace
- PUAOHS001C Follow defined occupational health and safety policies and procedures
- PUASAR024A Undertake road crash rescue
Students who attend and successfully meet all assessment requirements of the course will receive a nationally recognised Certificate: PUA20613 Certificate II in Public Safety Firefighting and Emergency Operations
There is a maximum number of 12 participants per program.
The pre-requisites for this qualification are delivered during the course.