The Road Crash Rescue course is a nationally accredited course that is designed to provide students with the essential knowledge and skills to allow them to respond to vehicle collisions as a member of an emergency response team, across a variety of industries.
- Emergency care practices
- Relevant road crash rescue techniques
- Scene management procedures
- Initial (ongoing) scene assessment
- Employment of rescue equipment in a range of situations
- Appropriate PPE
- Work in teams
Students who attend and successfully meet all assessment requirements of the course will receive a nationally recognised statement of attainment with the following unit of competency: PUASAR024A Undertake road crash rescue and PUASAR022A Participate in a rescue operation.
There is a maximum number of 10 participants per program.
To meet the course requirements, students must:
- Have sufficient English language, literacy and numeracy skills to read instructions and write assessments
- Provide their USI on enrolment
- Provide proof of identity, e.g. drivers licence
- Be physically fit and able to carry at least 20 kgs of weight
- Wear or bring long sleeve, long pants or overalls, safety boots, safety glasses, sun hat
The required prerequisites for PUASAR024A Undertake road crash rescue and PUASAR022A Participate in a rescue operation are: PUAEME002C Manage injuries at emergency incident OR HLTFA311A Apply first aid, PUAEME001B Provide emergency care OR HLTFA211A Provide basic emergency life support.
The prerequisite unit PUASAR022A Participate in a rescue operation will be delivered as part of this course, however students are required to be assessed as competent in this unit prior to being assessed in PUASAR024A Undertake road crash rescue.
You will still need to provide a Statement of Attainment for either PUAEME002C Manage injuries at emergency incident OR HLTFA311A Apply first aid and one of the following PUAEME001B Provide emergency care OR HLTFA211A Provide basic emergency life support.
If you find you have similar or equivalent units of competency we can look at Recognition of Prior learning (RPL) to assist you in obtaining and meeting the additional prerequisites requirements.
Students are required to be able to complete the following tasks:
- communicate with others clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
- find and use relevant information
- read and comply with work instructions and specifications
- read and record measurements
- record and report information neatly and legibly