This unit covers the competency required to work as a situation-aware member of a crew to apply appropriate fire control strategies and safe work practices to extinguish a wildfire, participate in mop-up and patrol operations, and prepare equipment for the next crew.
This is a corporate course run on request. Please email email@example.com or phone 08 9240 5191 to enquire about dates and fees for this course.
- Receive and report details of wildfire
- Prepare to respond to fire
- Proceed to fire
- Protect people and assets
- Combat wildfire
- Conduct mop up and patrol activities
- Recover and maintain equipment
Students who attend and successfully meet all assessment requirements of the course will receive a nationally recognised statement of attainment with the following unit of competency: PUAFIR303 Suppress wildfire.
There is a maximum number of 10 participants per program.
To meet the course requirements, students must:
- Have sufficient English language, literacy and numeracy skills to read instructions and write assessments
- Provide their USI on enrolment
- Provide proof of identity, e.g. drivers licence
- Be physically fit and able to carry at least 20 kgs of weight
- Wear or bring long sleeve, long pants or overalls, safety boots, safety glasses, sun hat
PUAFIR204B Respond to wildfire.
Students are required to be able to complete the following tasks:
- communicate with others clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
- find and use relevant information
- read and comply with work instructions and specifications
- read and record measurements
- record and report information neatly and legibly