These units cover the knowledge and skills for people working within the resources and infrastructure industries to undertake risk management processes and respond to site incidents.
This course forms part of the newly released RII30719 Certificate III in Emergency Response and Rescue qualification which will be available for students to book starting Oct 2020.
- Plan and prepare for risk management
- Identify and assess unacceptable risk
- Identify and recommend risk controls
- Contribute to the implementation of risk controls
- Review risk management documentation
- Plan and prepare for incident response
- Respond to incident
- Prepare forward control point
Students who attend and successfully meet all assessment requirements of the course will receive a nationally recognised statement of attainment with the following unit(s) of competency:
- RIIERR301E Respond to work site incidents
- RIIRIS301E Apply risk management processes
This course is delivered through a combination of classroom learning, group discussion and practical activities in both a simulated and real-world environment.
Students must be able to provide evidence of previous emergency response and/or rescue experience in; Breathing apparatus, Road crash rescue and Confined space rescue due to the practical assessment requirements of this course.
Students are also required to be able to:
- find and use relevant information
- read and comply with work instructions
- record and report information neatly and legibly
- apply problem solving techniques
- Be reasonably fit
- Be clean shaven
- Handle up to 10kgs of weight up to chest height
- Climb ladders
There are no pre-requisites for this course.