These units cover the knowledge and skills for people working within the resources and infrastructure industries to undertake risk management processes and respond to site incidents.
This course forms part of the newly released RII30719 Certificate III in Emergency Response and Rescue qualification which will be available for students to book starting June 2020.
- Plan and prepare for risk management
- Identify and assess unacceptable risk
- Identify and recommend risk controls
- Contribute to the implementation of risk controls
- Review risk management documentation
- Plan and prepare for incident response
- Respond to incident
- Prepare forward control point
Students who attend and successfully meet all assessment requirements of the course will receive a nationally recognised statement of attainment with the following unit(s) of competency:
- RIIERR301E Respond to work site incidents
- RIIRIS301E Apply risk management processes
There is a maximum number of 10 participants per program.
To meet the course requirements, students must:
- Have sufficient English language, literacy and numeracy skills to read instructions and write assessments
- Provide their USI on enrolment
- Provide proof of identity, e.g. drivers licence
- Be physically fit and able to carry at least 20 kgs of weight
- Be clean shaven as per AS 1715
- Be able to manage feelings of claustrophobia
- Wear or bring long sleeve, long pants or overalls, safety boots, safety glasses, sun hat
- Must be able to climb ladders or stairs under load
Students must be able to provide evidence of previous emergency response and/or rescue experience in; Breathing apparatus, Road crash rescue and Confined space rescue due to the practical assessment requirements of this course.
Students are required to be able to complete the following tasks:
- communicate with others clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
- find and use relevant information
- read and comply with work instructions and specifications
- read and record measurements
- record and report information neatly and legibly