This unit covers the competency required to respond to a wildfire, work as a safe and situationally-aware member of a crew to attack and extinguish a fire, participate in mop-up and patrol operations, and prepare equipment for the next crew.
- Communication on the fireground
- Extinguishing media, water, foam, suppressants
- Fire behaviour (fuel, weather and topography)
- Health and fitness requirements as well as hygiene and wellbeing
- Organisational operating procedures
- Safe work practices
- Wildfire control tactics and techniques
- Wildfire hazards, safety technique
Students who attend and successfully meet all assessment requirements of the course will receive a nationally recognised statement of attainment with the following unit of competency: PUAFIR204B – respond to wildfire.
There is a maximum number of 12 participants per program.
PUAFIR215 Prevent injury