This unit covers the competency required to identify and avoid workplace hazards and risks, to maintain personal safety and to report identified issues to supervisors and team members.
Note: This course has been superseded by but is equivalent to the Prevent Injury course which will be available for students to book from June 2021
- Identify workplace hazards and risks, and advise others
- Implement hazard and risk control procedures
- Monitor effectiveness of hazard and risk control procedures
Students who attend and successfully meet all assessment requirements of the course will receive a nationally recognised statement of attainment with the following unit of competency: PUAFIR215 – Prevent injury.
There is a maximum number of 10 participants per program.
To meet the course requirements, students must:
- Have sufficient English language, literacy and numeracy skills to read instructions and write assessments
- Provide their USI on enrolment
- Provide proof of identity, e.g. drivers licence
- Wear or bring long sleeve, long pants or overalls, closed in shoes, safety glasses, sun hat
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
Students are required to be able to complete the following tasks:
- communicate with others clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
- find and use relevant information
- read and comply with work instructions and specifications
- read and record measurements
- record and report information neatly and legibly