These units cover the knowledge and skills for people working within the resources and infrastructure industries. It provides an insight into the various policies, procedures and work practices that will be required to be followed, to work safely and communicate in the workplace.
This course forms part of the newly released RII30719 Certificate III in Emergency Response and Rescue qualification which will be available for students to book starting June 2021.
- Plan and prepare for workplace communication using equipment and systems
- Communicate using communication equipment and systems
- Carry out face-to-face routine communication
- Complete written documentation
- Access and apply site safety procedures
- Apply personal safety measures
- Apply operational safety measures
- Maintain personal well-being
Students who attend and successfully meet all assessment requirements of the course will receive a nationally recognised statement of attainment with the following unit(s) of competency:
- RIICOM201D Communicate in the workplace
- RIIWHS201D Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
There is a maximum number of 10 participants per program.
To meet the course requirements, students must:
- Have sufficient English language, literacy and numeracy skills to read instructions and write assessments
- Provide their USI on enrolment
- Provide proof of identity, e.g. drivers licence
- Wear or bring long sleeve, long pants and closed in shoes
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
Students are required to be able to complete the following tasks:
- communicate with others clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
- find and use relevant information
- read and comply with work instructions and specifications
- read and record measurements
- record and report information neatly and legibly