These units cover the knowledge and skills for people working within the resources and infrastructure industries. It provides an insight into the various policies, procedures and work practices that will be required to be followed, to work safely and communicate in the workplace.
This course forms part of the newly released RII30719 Certificate III in Emergency Response and Rescue qualification which will be available for students to book starting Oct 2020.
- Plan and prepare for workplace communication using equipment and systems
- Communicate using communication equipment and systems
- Carry out face-to-face routine communication
- Complete written documentation
- Access and apply site safety procedures
- Apply personal safety measures
- Apply operational safety measures
- Maintain personal well-being
Students who attend and successfully meet all assessment requirements of the course will receive a nationally recognised statement of attainment with the following unit(s) of competency:
- RIICOM201D Communicate in the workplace
- RIIWHS201D Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
Students are required to be able to:
- Find and use relevant information
- Read and comply with work instructions
- Record and report information neatly and legibly
This course is delivered through a combination of classroom learning, group discussion and practical activities in both a simulated and real-world environment
There is a maximum number of 12 participants per program.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.