This unit covers the conducting of fire team operations in resources and infrastructure industries. It includes the planning and preparing for work, fighting or containing fires and finalising operations.
Note: This course has been superseded by but is equivalent to Fire Team Operations course which will be available for students to book from June 2021
- Plan and prepare for fire team operations
- Fight or contain fires
- Complete fire team operations
- Audit firefighting installations
Students who attend and successfully meet all assessment requirements of the course will receive a nationally recognised statement of attainment with the following unit of competency: RIIERR201E Conduct fire team operations.
There is a maximum number of 10 participants per program.
To meet the course requirements, students must:
Have sufficient English language, literacy and numeracy skills to read instructions and write assessments
- Provide their USI on enrolment
- Provide proof of identity, e.g. drivers licence
- Provide proof of pre-requisite unit requirements
- Be physically fit and able to carry at least 20 kgs of weight
- Be clean shaven as per AS 1715
- Wear or bring long sleeve, long pants or overalls, safety boots, safety glasses, sun hat
Training Provider Pre-requisite – As there are components within this course that require students to wear BA. Students must present a current certificate for the unit below prior to attendance:
- PUAFIR207 Operate breathing apparatus open circuit or higher
Students are required to be able to complete the following tasks:
- communicate with others clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
- find and use relevant information
- read and comply with work instructions and specifications
- read and record measurements
- record and report information neatly and legibly