This program is designed for those who are required to lead fire and emergency response teams as part of their work duties. This course has theoretical and practical components that participants must successfully complete.
- How to assess the nature and extent of the emergency
- An effective rescue of personnel at risk
- Leading a team
- Emergency response team leader duties, responsibilities and tasks
- Hazard identification, assessment and control of risk
- Fire fighting operations
- Considerations for team welfare
- ECO team selection and process
Students who attend and successfully meet all assessment requirements of the course will receive a nationally recognised statement of attainment with the following unit of competency: PMAWHS311 – Lead emergency teams.
There is a maximum number of 12 participants per program.
Course participants must have completed Fire Team Member training or equivalent.
Participants attending this course will need to have a Supervisor / Third Party Report completed as part of their overall assessment.
Participants who do not provide the required Supervisor / Third Party Report will not be issued their Statement of Attainment.