This course has theoretical and practical components that participants must successfully complete.
On completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Assess a confined space for entry
- Use safety equipment and clothing (PPE)
- Control confined space entry
- Define and identify a confined space within a workplace
- Identify hazards associated with confined space entry and perform a risk assessment
- Work within a permit system and state the requirements for this
- Use a gas monitor to test the atmosphere
Students who attend and successfully meet all assessment requirements of the course will receive a nationally recognised statement of attainment with the following unit of competency: MSMPER200 Work in accordance with an issued permit, MSMPER205 Enter confined space and MSMWHS217 Gas test atmospheres.
There is a maximum number of 12 participants per program.
There are no prerequisites for this course.