These units cover the knowledge and skills for people working within the resources industry and provide insight into the various policy and procedures that will be required to be followed, to conduct local risk control, maintain and monitor site quality standards and to communicate in the workplace.
- Plan and prepare for workplace communication using equipment and systems
- Communicate using communication equipment and systems
- Carry out face-to-face routine communication
- Complete written documentation
- Plan, prepare for quality work outcomes
- Apply quality systems to own work
- Monitor and report quality standards
- Plan and prepare for risk control
- Assess and identify unacceptable risk
- Identify, assess and implement risk treatments
- Complete records and reports
- Access and apply site safety procedures
- Apply personal safety measures
- Apply operational safety measures
- Maintain personal wellbeing
- Identify and report incidents
Students who attend and successfully meet all assessment requirements of the course will receive a nationally recognised statement of attainment with the following unit of competency: RIICOM201D Communicate in the workplace, RIIWHS201D Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures, RIIQUA201D Maintain and monitor site quality standards, and RIIRIS201D Conduct local risk control.
This course requires participants to complete pre-reading paperwork.
There is a maximum number of 12 participants per program.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.