The Certificate III in Mine Emergency Response and Rescue course is a nationally accredited course that is designed to provide students with the essential knowledge and skills to allow them to operate safely within emergency services, across a variety of industries. This qualification is to provide training for those who will fulfil the role of response and rescue team members.
- Core skills of risk control, communication and site policy and procedure
- Breathing apparatus
- First aid
- Road crash
- Vertical rescue
- Confined space rescue
With the following units of competency:
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
- RIICOM201D Communicate in the workplace
- RIIRIS201D Conduct local risk control
- RIIWHS201D Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
- RIIQUA201D Maintain and monitor site quality standards
- PUAFIR207B Operate breathing apparatus open circuit
- PUAFIR320 Render hazardous materials incidents safe
- PUAFIR308B Employ personal protection at a hazardous materials incident
- PUAFIR316 Identify, detect and monitor hazardous materials at an incident
- PUASAR024A Undertake road crash rescue
- PUASAR025A Undertake confined space rescue
- PUASAR032A Undertake vertical rescue
- RIIERR201E Conduct fire team operations
- RIIERR205D Apply initial response first aid
- RIIERR302E Respond to local emergencies and incidents
- PUAEQU001B Prepare, maintain and test response equipment
Students who attend and successfully meet all assessment requirements of the course will receive a nationally recognised Certificate: RII30715 Certificate III in Mine Emergency Response and Rescue
Students are required to have a reasonable level of fitness and capable of lifting a 20kg weight to chest height. If you any concerns please contact SETS for additional information.
PUAEME001B Provide emergency care OR HLTFA211A Provide basic emergency life support.
There are also two prerequisites for the units covered in this course. PUAFIR215 Prevent injury and PUASAR022A Participate in a rescue operation these will both be delivered during the course.
Booking this course includes an $800 deposit, however, the full $5,500 will be required prior to completion of the course.